We want to help our employees be the best they can be, both at work and at home. As one of the leading medical device manufacturing companies to work for in the Midwest, Taurus Engineering offers a range of benefits from health insurance to fun activities. Take a look at this comprehensive list or contact us for more information.
Life: Helping you stay in balance
- Paid Time Off (PTO):
- Keep your work and personal life in balance. Our PTO plan combines vacation, personal time and sick time into a bank for employees to use.
- Paid holidays
- We want to make sure you get time to enjoy these holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- Fun events
- Some examples of fun events we’ve done in the past include potlucks, ice cream days, our annual BBQ with giveaways, cook-offs and pizza lunches. Join our committee to help plan if that’s your thing!
- Flexible work hours
- We get that not everybody’s schedules are the same. Our employees may have the opportunity to request flexible work hours that better meet their needs.
- Dress for your Day
- What you wear can affect how you work. Production, maintenance and warehouse employees are able to wear comfortable casual attire including jeans, sweatshirts and tees, plus shorts during the summer. Office staff may wear professional and business casual attire, including jeans.
- Bereavement leave
- Experiencing the loss of a loved one is never easy. We want to provide you paid time away to be with family during these difficult times.
Wealth: Helping you achieve financial security
- Simple IRA Retirement plan
- We offer a retirement plan that enables employees to defer “before or after tax” dollars into certain funds of their choice. Taurus Engineering provides a company match of 100%.
- Life insurance
- We offer company provided life insurance in the amount of $25,000.
- Supplemental life insurance
- Employees have the option to purchase additional life insurance on themselves, their spouse or dependents. Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance is also available.
- Branded Merchandise
- Show off your Taurus pride with our great selection of branded swag! We have polos, t-shirts, sweatshirts and more. We pay for 50% of the cost of all clothing purchased by employees.
Health: Helping you be your best
- Group health insurance
- When it comes to health, the last thing you want to worry about is medical coverage – we offer family coverage too! We offer a health plan with 100% covered preventative care benefits. You’ll never have to guess about how much money you’ll need should you have to access medical coverage.
- Dental insurance
- Now that’s something to smile about! Employees have the option to purchase dental insurance for themselves, their spouse and dependents.
- Vision insurance
- Keep your eyes sharp with this plan. Employees have the option to purchase vision insurance for themselves, their spouse and dependents.
- Health savings account (HSA)
- This is a tax-advantaged savings account where funds are used to pay for current or future health care expenses. Taurus contributes to this as well to help cover medical expenses for you and your family!
- Fitness incentive
- Earn an incentive each month for meeting and tracking the minimum physical activity requirement. Valid with health insurance coverage.
- Short term disability
- Employees have the option to purchase a percentage of wage protection if he/she becomes disabled for a short period of time.
- Accident plan
- Accidents can happen, and our accident protection plan provides additional coverage for medical expenses and other costs associated with accidents. This benefit provides extra support to our employees in case of unexpected accidents.
- Hospital plan
- Our hospital indemnity plan offers additional financial protection in the event of hospitalization. It provides a fixed cash benefit for each day spent in the hospital, helping to cover any out-of-pocket expenses that may arise.
- Critical illness
- Our critical illness protection plan provides financial assistance in the event of a serious illness. This benefit offers a lump-sum payment to employees who are diagnosed with specific critical illnesses, helping to alleviate the financial burden associated with medical treatments and recovery.
- Safety Committee
- We believe in safety first. Our robust safety program includes safety inspections, 5S, Kaizen and protective equipment.
Taurus Engineering is just minutes away from both downtown St. Paul and Minneapolis, our facility is in Vadnais Heights, Minnesota, which has easy access to 35E, I-35W, and Highway 694.