Hourly – Non-Exempt
The purpose of this position is to prepare and maintain all plastic material necessary to run the production operations.
- Stages all needed materials for each production run, including components and raw materials
- Allocate components to each job and ensure accuracy to meet medical device requirements
- Fills hoppers as needed to complete orders
- Receives materials and inventories raw materials after receiving inspection is completed
- Oversee inventory of raw material, colorant, and components
- Completes inventory transactions ensuring accurate and timely inventory counts
- Cleans hoppers, filters, and material lines
- Mixes plastic to correct quantities and ratios based on appropriate documentation
- Grinds scrap material in a timely manner
- Keeps accurate inventory and location of each inventory item
- Records lot numbers for lot traceability
- Cleans and organizes work area, as well as the molding machines and auxiliary equipment
- May need to perform some preventive maintenance requirements for related equipment
- Follows safety requirements as outlined in the safety manual
- Performs other projects and duties as assigned
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Lifting up to 75 pounds, intermittent lifting of 50 pounds, stretching and reaching above shoulders, walking, and climbing stairs
- Able to be on feet 90% of the day
- May be exposed to extreme temperature conditions and loud working conditions
St. Paul, MN
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in manufacturing
- Previous plastic injection molding experience preferred.
JOB KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to operate forklift and the ability to obtain a forklift license
- Basic understanding of material drying requirements
- Fundamental understanding of personal computers and programs such as MS Office
- Working knowledge of basic mathematics, such as percentages, ratios, etc.
- Basic communication, interpersonal, and organization skills
- Ability to problem solve and work in a team environment.